Friday, June 11, 2010

6.11.10 with a forward for the up and coming batman-stache

Today we are headed off to a retreat with some leaders from the church from Havirjov. We will be doing our 2nd English camp with them in the month of July. Pray that there will be some great relationships built in the leadership as we partner together. This church has had its struggles with the youth, but it has persevered through the times. We are about two weeks away from the first training with the US teams for the first English camps now. It's been crazy how each day passes in the blink of an eye. I would ask for continued prayer in the lives of the youth, that many will sign up for camp. It could very well be that our camps will be very small, and of course, the Lord is sovereign, but pray with great faith that a number of lost kids will find a reason to come and experience community with believers for the first time. Please also pray for the Johnson family as they just recently experienced some heart breaking news. This summer will be unlike anything any of us has ever experienced, and in the midst of it all, God is still full of grace and abundant love. I would also ask for prayer as we diligently prepare our lessons for the summer. Me, personally, I want to be so creative and give these kids something they've never experienced before. Pray that I will be humble and malleable enough for God to use in that setting.

My heart sings for the events back home. Zach and Cait and Haven, I love you guys and many congrats to your newly expanded family! It also burns for my d-group guys. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Corey, Alex, Marcus, Trent, Trevor, Cameren, Jon, Aaron, Justin...
Johnna, Justin, Erin I am praying for your adventures with Neighborhood.
NCC and elders I am praying for your guidance and walk with the Spirit as He leads you...
NCC Czech Team I can't wait for you to experience the culture and the people that you will forever make an impact on. They are waiting for you and I'm praying the Lord prepares you perfectly in every way.
And family and friends who have supported me, I cannot express my gratitude as every bus I take, every food and drink I consume, the bed I sleep in, is an investment from your generosity. Thank you, and I look forward to telling you what God did this summer through you.



-KDiz

PS

the castaways beard is coming in mighty fine. Its been a few days of watching the growth of masculinity peak its head from my face. I promised the Czech team that when they see me, I will be wearing cutoff jeans, holding a staff, with an aged beard with stories to tell..I plan to keep that image and promise. It has now entered the first phase I like to call the batman. The common asian-invasion don't grow hair on that soft indent above the lips. So as the mustache comes in it displays the infamous Batman symbol wear the wings will arch around the lips. The thing with asian hair is that it grows straight, so what will come about is not a burly grizzly adams, but something similar to a wise catfish. I look forward to seeing how these theories of mine will test in face of time. Pray for a gnarly beard!

No comments:

Post a Comment