Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday thoughts.... 6.20.10

I got to see a baptism today. It was refreshing to see something like baptism done in a different way. This church does baptisms once a year. People who wanted to be baptized would go through a 6 month bible study and then as a whole church, they gather by this dam in Harirov and publicly display their committed decision to follow Christ.
It was a rainy day, abut 60 degrees, but some guys thought it would be a shame to waste a day to the dam without a swim.
Though I can't understand anything during church, I have been enjoying that time to pray for the church and the believers there. I also started reading through the book of Psalms on Sundays. It's a fascinating book of worship. Even just being out here, my very understanding of worship is being transformed as I have watched people and read through scripture.

Psalm 3:3-7 "But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LOrd, and he answered me form his holy hill. I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O Lord! Save me, O my God"

What a beautiful honest cry for help. It's amazing that the love of God would delight and accept our worship even if it is a cry for help or desperation. I suppose He really does care about the details of our lives.

NCC Junior Highers, I am praying for you Summer Camp up and in UCYC! I pray God will reveal Himself to you in a fresh way. I pray that many of you come to know Him personally; there is no greater thing in life, I promise!


Pray the individuals who took the step to follow Christ. Satan just has a grip on this country. But amazingly, God's grace abounds. Jana, one of the participants in the baptism is 30 and actually became a believer at last year's English camp. God is good.

Please continue prayers for Orlova and our English camp. Still awaiting for signups. Right now there are only 8 people, and not a single Czech believer.

Please pray for Sean's leg. He is coordinating sports and activities, and his knee is injured from a football game with the youth.


With my Love, 9 hours into the future

Kha


















No comments:

Post a Comment