Wednesday, June 2, 2010

FOOD

I know..the moment you have been waiting for...a blog about the FOOD.
It's been really interesting. In the local shops they have a lot of sandwiches. They usually compose of a croissant or french like roll with butter, some thin deli meet and cheese. I had a few hot dogs in Brno, which was a flaky french roll with a hot in the middle. It was more of a vienna sausage. No Chicago dog or Mexican Hot Dog that's for sure.

Here at the Hotel they have been serving very good food. They are very simple- meat and potatoes. I am going through Tabasco and Green Tea withdrawals!....Breakfast is lots of bread, butter, deli meat, and cheese. There were some cheesy eggs and hot dog links. Cereal is not frosted flakes or lucky charms, but fresh granola with lukewarm milk.

Lunch is the largest meal. We are talking salad, soup and then an entree. Dinner is a hot plate either chicken or beef.

and OH YES FRIENDS....FRUIT DUMPLINGS!!!!
I would like to announce to everyone and especially the upcoming Czech team from NCC, that the fruit dumplings have evolved. As you see, they are not just simple dumplings filled with hot strawberries...no...now it is embellished with yogurt, chocolate and nuts! "My heart and flesh cry out, for you fruit dumplings. Your sweetness is water to my soul. I have tasted and I've seen, come once again to me, I will draw near to you...I WILL DRAW NEAR TO YOU...with my mouth..."
















2 comments: