Sunday, June 6, 2010

SUNDAY thoughts....

Though I find myself in a new world, the taste of home is still on the tip of my tongue. Today, we went to the church in Orlova, where we met many new faces! The church now is very small and is going through other struggles. Today, it turned out, the pastor wasn't only resigning, he was giving his last sermon. It really just set my mind and heart back home and my continuing prayers.

But every day, with every person I meet and dialogue with, I grow in awareness of the barriers we allow up-language, culture, identities, status, as well as the human condition that overcomes them. I met a 12 year old boy named Simon who spoke amazing English. I was really taken back at our conversation and his intelligence. His hobby is computers and computer programming. Again, he's 12! and He wants to be some sort of engineer. It wasn't any more than a 15 minute exchange of English small talk, and it wasn't until I left that I was told that Simon has been battling cancer for 3 years. Again....He's 12 years old. Such a strength I cannot comprehend. Please pray for Simon if you think of him.

The session at the public school went very well thank you for your prayers! We will be able to go back one more time to see those students and promote English Camp. There is a very thin line we walk on with the school so we have to very careful how and when we promote the camp. But many of the kids seemed to enjoy our company so pray the Spirit leads to them camp.

Also, these last few days I have been meeting with the two churches we will be doing camps with. I have met many of the teens. In one of the pictures that I did not post up, there was a man who just became a member of the church and his son is next him, wearing a tshirt with a picture of a topless girl... as we were taking communion. So though the church is in a weird place transitionally, its amazing that they have an opportunity to reach out to this son. We are really hoping he will choose to go to English Camps. Many of the faces that you will see hate the idea of becoming a Christian, but for some reason, they remain connected with the youth group down here. It's not like back home where there are 10 churches down on one street. If they're lucky there might be one church in ever few cities, and those are composed of maybe 40 people and a youth group of 8-10?... it varies. But my heart is burning for these teens to see and hear the gospel and take that next step.

PLEASE PRAY FOR

Students to sign up for English Camps and that they invite their lost friends. Count is very low.

Connection with Czech students at church and the public schools make for easy invitations to camp

Preparation of hearts to hear the Gospel

Team Preparation of English Lessons, camp organizations, and Discussion preparations


PRAISE

I will see some Czech friends and students from last year in Prague next week!

The weather has been gorgeous! Forecast says the rainy clouds will gone for the next month!

6 unbelievers signed up for camp as of right now!

High school



English Class



This bottle says...ENCOURAGING GRAPEFRUIT...

This is David...Simon's brother. He digs cherry drinks what up!

This is Simon.

I let him snap a few of me. He's got a good eye.






Don't need to ask...I let let him win that one. Jesus came to serve right?



NINJA


Thomas. Reminds me of Scott. Goofy and all the ladies want him.




Did providence just call? Yes, those are bacon wrapped hot dogs...made me miss Caitlin







Church in the morning.






Church of Orlova.


No comments:

Post a Comment